Sunday, February 3, 2019

12 Steps to Detox your Beauty Routine

February is the month of LOVE so let's start this month off with some self love by ditching and switching out your toxic beauty products. I created this list to show you how easy it is to make the Toxin-free choice.

The easiest toxin-free choice I made was the decision to bring essential oils into my home and daily life.  Essential Oils are adaptogens, they are the life force of plants, trees, herbs and flowers that work to restore balance on all levels. They provide support when we lack focus. They help when we are in need of emotional support, they will restore calm energy when we need it. How? Because they work WITH our body's specific needs on any given day. Yeah... I know... amazing!!!

Young Living's Premium Starter Kit makes it super easy to start working with the adaptogenic power of Essential Oils. There are many companies trying to jump on this bandwagon. I only recommend Young Living products and essential oils because it is the only company with the Seed to Seal promise. Young Living is the only company that owns its farms (and partner farms) and has control over every part of the process from the dirt, to the seeds, to distillation and to what is shipped. All parts of the production cycle are independently tested to ensure it meets the high Young Living Standards.

If you're interested in any of my below recommendations you can purchase them at Whole Sale Price when you become a member by purchasing one of our starter kits OR you can become a Retail member. This is totally up to you. My focus is on helping as many people as I can begin their journey to a Toxin Free life style. My best advice is to start where you are, making one conscious choice at a time, the big pay off comes from consistency.

I am a Young Living distributor, when you purchase any Young Living item make sure you use my number in the Enroller and Sponsor sections so I can help you personally.
My number is: 12604090



1

Start with clean skin. I like to remove my makeup with Mirah Luminous Cleansing Oil. It removes all the impurities but doesn't strip the skin. It's made with 10 essential oils, including Rose and Ylang Ylang as well as 10 moisturizing carrier oils, like jojoba and organ oil. I gently rub it onto my skin and then remove with a warm wash cloth. It leaves the skin feeling AHHHHMAZING!!!

Press Play... 




2

The next step: create glowing, radiant skin! To do this you need to exfoliate. Young Living has an amazing facial scrub. It works wonders on my sensitive skin. Its made with apricot seed powder and pure Peppermint Essential oil. The apricot seed powder gently exfoliates while the Peppermint Essential Oil helps to wake up dull skin. This scrub helps prep the skin for smooth makeup application. Use it at night, after removing the grime from the day off your face. Its a great way to prep the skin for all your lotions and potions.




3

Take care of yo' pores. I like to put a mask on a couple times a week. My daily go to is this Charcoal Bar. I like to rub it into a lather and leave on my face for 10 minutes. Its made with activated Charcoal and Orange Blossom Essential Oil.




DIY FACE MASK:  You need to deep clean your skin. You just do. I love this mask recipe, it's made with raw honey. Did ya know Cleopatra used raw honey on her skin every day? Raw honey is full of antioxidants to help with wrinkles and it also has natural antibacterial properties. It helps to clean the skin of dirt, oils and impurities while adding moisture and toning the skin.

Ingredients:
1 tbs Bentonite Clay (I use Aztec Healing Clay)
1 tbs Certified Raw Honey
1 tbs Raw Apple Cider Vinegar

6 drops of Essential oils. I only recommend  Young Living Essential Oils
(The best part about this... you have the ability to customize the mask to fit your skins needs)

*Tea tree and Lavender are always great essential oils to start with.

Mix up into a paste and then apply to your face. Leave on for 15-20 minutes.


3.
BODY WASH. These are Young Living Bath and Shower gels. All Toxin Free and Vegan.

There is a basic Bath & Shower Gel Base. This is just a base, with no oils. I add Black Pepper and ginger essential oils to it. Best thing about this option... you can customize it to fit your needs.

These are the other formula's available 

Evening Peace: Coriander, Bergamot, Ylang Ylang, and Geranium invoke feelings of serenity and relaxation to soothe and nourish the skin.

Morning Start: Peppermint, Lemongrass, and Rosemary uplift and energize, while Juniper purifies and cleanses the skin.

Sensation: Ylang Ylang and Jasmine for a soothing, relaxing experience.

Dragon Time: Geranium, Tangerine, Sage, and Clary Sage essential oils.

Lavender: lavender Essential oil, coconut oil and star anise. 


You can find them all HERE: Young Living Soap and Bath & Shower Gels


4

BODY LOTION. I love the Genesis Hand & Body lotion. Its an ultra-moisturizing cream containing coconut oil and other natural botanicals to soothe and nourish dry, dehydrated skin. Geranium, Palmarosa, Bergamot, and other pure essential oils are included for their soothing properties.  I like to work with a quarter size of the Genesis and then add some fractionated coconut oil or shea butter and mix it up in my hands before applying to my skin. 




DIY BODY OIL.  I like to make my own body oil with essential oils. I add a detoxifying element to mine by adding: Juniper, Grapefruit and Rosemary.

As a base for my body oil I use:  Jojoba Oil



5

BATH SALTS. Soaking in a bath for 20 minutes does wonders for your mind and body. Also the steam helps open pores and is a great prep for any skin care regime. Many companies are infusing their epsom salts with essential oils but there is no way of knowing what essential oil company they are using so I recommend purchasing plain Epsom salt and adding your own oils.

You will need: A glass jar, epsom salts and Young Living essential oils.

Start slow. Add one drop of essential oil per cup of Epsom salt you can always add more oils to the salts later.

My go to essential oil for my bath salts is PanAway, a blend that is a great support for the body, sore muscles and well... it smells like a fancy spa.


6

ATMOSPHERE.  Create a peaceful and sexy ambiance without CANDLES. Ditch the toxic candles and soak in the flickering lights of one of Young Living Diffusers and enjoy a complete spa experience in your home. Additionally, you will get the specific benefits of any oil you diffuse.

Press play to see what I mean!





7

SLEEP  is the best skin care regime.  The starter kit has 4 oils that are amazing at promoting sleep (Lavender, Frankincense, Peace & Calming and Stress Away) so you can personalize to fit your sleep needs as they change.


Link to:  Starter Kit



8

HAIR CARE.  ditch and switch your current Shampoo and Conditioner with one from the Young Living line.





The other formula's are:  Copaiba Vanilla and Lavender Mint

These shampoos and conditioners are highly concentrated. I recommend purchasing a BPA free bottle and split the contents of the bottles in half. Add 1 tsp baking soda (Optional, only if you want more bubbles/lather) Add water. (Tap, distilled, filtered, whatever you have.) I also like to add Rosemary essential oil which promotes hair growth and a healthy scalp.


9

DETOX YOUR SCALP with this DIY Scalp scrub, yes, Scalp scrub! This will help remove product build up.

1/4 c Himalyayan Pink Salt (ground - in a food processor or clean coffee grinder)
1 tbs raw apple cider vinegar
1 tbs Fractionated Coconut Oil
1 tbs rose hip oil or Moringa Oleifera Seed oil
1 tsp raw honey
15 drops of essential oil. (I like to use a mix of Rosemary and tea tree to give my scalp extra TLC)

Mix all into a small bowl and put in an air tight container.

Use on: wet hair. Gently scrub a tablespoon into your scalp and let sit for 5-10 minutes. It won't foam up, there is no soap. Rinse with warm water and then shampoo and finish with your favorite conditioner.



10

DETOX YOUR HOME AND SKIN. Diffuse your skin and purify your home. Yup. 20 minutes of diffusing will purify a room. Enjoy not only the Aromatherapy benefits your skin will enjoy the humidifying steam. Young Living is the oldest Company in America (Est.1994) and offers 100% pure therapeutic oils. Its the only company with the Seed to Seal promise and is the only company that began with farmers. Young Living owns its own farms and controls every step of the process from seed and soil to distillation and distribution.


 For more info go to: ESSENTIAL OILS INFORMATION 


11

BEAUTY TOOLS. Wake up, detox and depuff your skin with a rose quartz roller. Rose Quartz is the stone that  supports the feeling of LOVE. The roller helps create that sought after healthy glow by creating circulation and promoting lymphatic drainage. I create my own face serum with Young Living oils: Frankincense, tea tree, lavender and geranium oils mixed with a carrier oil. I use e Rose Hip Oil as a carrier for my face serum. I apply a couple drops of my serum on my face and then roll, roll, roll.

I use Skin Gym's ROSE QUARTZ FACE ROLLER


Here's a link to a similar dry brush I use: DRY BRUSH

DRY BRUSHING. Invest in a dry brush... trust me, your skin will thank you. It's so simple. You start at your feet and work upwards in a circular motion. It will help renew your skin and promotes circulation which results in detoxification, rejuvenation and yes... a healthy glow.  I like to add Cypress Essential Oil to my skin after I dry brush.


12

SWAP OUT YOUR MAKEUP.  The cosmetics industry is  all about profit. We apply 300+ personal care products on our skin before leaving the house in the morning. Many toxins hide in one simple vague ingredient: Fragrance. Companies do not have to disclose what chemicals they use to create this "Fragrance" as its protected under "Trade Secret" and so companies are able to keep toxic, potential endocrine disruptors in their products with zero public disclosure.

We consumers are becoming more knowledgeable but swapping out convential brands we've used all our lives is difficult. It really feels like a divorce of sorts but when a relationship is toxic you have to say Buh-bye!!!! Young living has an amazing toxin-free/Vegan makeup line called: Savvy Minerals. To make the switch easier there is also a Savvy Minerals Starter Kit.


Check out this link for more info: Savvy Minerals





* I ONLY recommend products and essential oils from Young Living. I am a Young Living distributor (enroller/sponsor number# 12604090)






No comments:

Post a Comment